The Development Manager is responsible for leading the institution and franchise advancement program and reports to the Executive Director of Furqaan Academy. The Manager will also be responsible for developing and maintaining active and productive relationships with board members, donors and administration at various school locations.
Specific areas of responsibility across all franchise schools includes:
- Designs, implements and manages all fundraising activities including annual giving, endowment and capital campaigns, special projects, and other school-related solicitations.
- Manages all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations.
- Maintains contact with and develops grant proposals for foundations and corporations.
- Develops and implements parent and class-based fundraising programs within the Annual Fund.
- Develops a comprehensive planned-giving program as the need becomes appropriate.
- Develops and implements social media / crowd sourcing programs to enhance fundraising.
- Works with the Development Committee of the Board, Executive Director and the Principal to develop strategies to initiate and meet aggressive fundraising goals.
- Develops fundraising training for board and other leadership volunteers.
- Assumes responsibility for all Development reports to the Board and other agencies, and attends Board meetings/Executive meetings as needed.
- Assists the Board with recommending and researching potential new donors/supporters.
Development Office Infrastructure:
- Creates office systems to support all Development projects and operations.
- Supervises donor and gift record-keeping.
- Coordinates development research activities.
- Oversees the management of databases and all records, files, and gift processing.
- Manages the pledge reminder and acknowledgement programs.
Works with Parent Committees to identify and train a core groups of volunteers to assist in the Annual Giving, special events and other fundraising programs as needed.
Public Relations, Marketing, and Advertising:
- Works closely with each school’s administration and the Principals to develop public relations plan and an advertising plan.
- Designs and oversees production of all major publications, including the newsletter, the Annual Report, the School’s website, and working with designers and printers to promote the school’s fund and fundraising goals and activities.
- Creates and implements a communication and promotional plan for the Capital Campaign.
- Develops and implements strategies to promote school’s mission to both the internal constituencies of the School and the community at large.
- A minimum of 2 years professional fundraising experience, preferably in Islamic environment.
- Proven experience in designing and managing development.
- Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, parents, administrators and faculty.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a disciplined office environment out of Bolingbrook, IL
Email resume to email@example.com. U.S. Work Authorization is required. Pay commensurate with knowledge and experience on a non-profit Islamic Organization scale.
|Job Category||Furqaan Academy|