The Communications Associate is responsible for managing internal and external communications including general visibility, public relations, social media and media outreach strategies as directed by the Marketing Manager and Business Development. This position is also responsible for writing, editing and publishing content for internal channels.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and executes the organization’s overall corporate communications and marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Develops corporate and program materials and electronic media to include websites, press-releases, newsletters, presentations, tradeshow presence, all manners of collateral, and other tools to ensure appropriate messaging and brand strategy are effectively executed.
- Supports the business development function of the organization in the submission of proposals and related content and tools (concepts, graphics, logos, etc.), and participates in ongoing brand development and marketing of new offerings.
- Provides ongoing program support across the organization to include all manner of collateral design and content creation (i.e., brochures, presentations, one-pagers, newsletters, press-releases, etc.).
- Write copy, edit submissions and publish content for media properties, ensuring all content is consistent with the guidelines and standards.
- Work alongside social media team to be able to post social media content, monitor and track social media engagement and other IIT social media channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Assist with creating and managing public relations and media relations campaigns, including writing press releases, responding to media inquiries, monitoring and tracking media mentions.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills
- A bachelor’s degree is required for this position along with a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in communications, media, journalism or a related field.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills along with interviewing skills are essential.
- A good understanding of general practices, methods, and procedures related to public relations, media relations, and marketing.
- The right person for the job will be organized and detail-oriented.
- Passionate about good editing, writing, and grammar.
- Knowledgable about social media best practices.
- Comfortable dealing with the media (making media pitches, and answering questions from the media when inquiries come into the media team), and have a solid understanding of online, television, and radio media outlets.
- Able to think critically and creatively.
- Able to work well under deadline pressure and multi-task.
- Willing to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Willing to take direction and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. U.S. Work Authorization is required. Pay commensurate with knowledge and experience on a non-profit Islamic Organization scale.
|Job Category||Al-Furqaan Foundation Corporate Offices|